Tuesday, July 5, 2011
best roasted potatos ever
2 1/2 pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes - rinse and cut 1/2 inch slices
5 Tbsp olive oil
Ground Black Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F with a half sheet in the lowest rack. Rinse and cut the potatoes to 1/2 inch slices
2. Place potatoes in a large dutch oven and add enough cold water to cover by an inch. Add 1 Tbsp salt and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, keeping a simmer for about 5 minutes. The potatoes should be almost cooked (soft on the outside, providing some resistance to a knife on the inside)
4. Drain and place potatoes in a large bowl. Add a 1/2 tsp salt and 2 tbsp olive oil. Combine with a spatula. Repeat once more with the same amounts of salt and oil. Let sit for 2 minutes. The end product should have a soft coating of starch on the outside.
5. Add 1 tbsp oil to the heated half sheet and place potato slices (they should sizzle immediately).
6. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Rotate and cook for another 10 minutes.
8. Take out and carefully flip. Cook for 10 minutes.
9. Rotate and cook for another 10 minutes.
10. Season with pepper.
* From America's Test Kitchen