1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 large red bell pepper, cut in half, seeded, and flattened with hand
1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
5 tsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces (1 cup) shredded fontina cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Turn all burners to high if using a gas grill.
- Prepare the veggies. Remove brown gills from undersides of mushrooms with a spoon; discard. Combine mushrooms, garlic, bell pepper, zucchini, onion, and oil in a bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Skewer the red onion and zucchini slices on BBQ skewers.
- Arrange vegetables on grill rack coated with vegetable oil; grill 8 minutes or just until tender. Slice mushrooms and red bell pepper to 1/2-inch slices.
- Meanwhile roll dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Brush and re-oil the grill.
- Using a wooden pizza peel transfer the dough to grill and place directly onto the grill grates. Cover and cook 45 seconds. Using grill tongs and/or pizza peel flip the dough and cook for 1 more minute. Using grill tongs and/or pizza peel remove the cooked dough from the grill and bring inside to top with ingredients.
- Sprinkle cheese over dough. Arrange vegetable mixture over cheese.
- Place pizza on a metal grill plate until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. (The grill plate helps protect the bottom of the crust from burning).
- You may consider popping it under the broiler if the cheese is melted, but not crispy enough.
- Sprinkle pizza with basil leaves and red pepper.