1 ball of store-made pizza dough
1/4 cup olive oil
4 garlic cloves, miced
red pepper flakes
1 small bunch of asparagus, ends removed and sliced into thirds
6-8 slices prosciutto
8 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
freshly ground black pepper
- Blanch the asparagus. Drop asparagus into boiling, salted water and cook for 3 minutes. Using an Asian strainer remove cooked asparagus and place in bowl of ice water to immediately cool. When completely cooled, drain and place on paper towels to dry.
- Fry the prosciutto. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Lay a couple pieces of prosciutto at a time on the pan and cook until crispy, flipping halfway though.
- Make the garlic oil. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds - 1 minute, do not let it brown. Add a generous pinch of red pepper flakes and salt and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile lightly flour your counter and roll out the pizza dough. For a thinner crust, I recommend using only half of a standard sized dough ball per pizza.
- Turn all burners to high if using a gas grill. Brush and oil the grill.
- Using a wooden pizza peel transfer the dough to grill and place directly onto the grill grates. Cover and cook for 45 seconds. Using grill tongs and/or pizza peel flip the dough and cook for 1 more minute. Using grill tongs and/or pizza peel remove the cooked dough from the grill and bring inside to top with ingredients.
- Spread a generous portion of garlic oil over crust. Sprinkle cheese over dough. Arrange asparagus and prosciutto over the cheese. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper
- Place pizza on a metal grill plate until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. (The grill plate helps protect the bottom of the crust from burning).