1 lb. flank steak, trimmed
2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3 1/2 tsp. water, divided
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
3/4 lb. broccoli
1 bunch of asparagus
2 tbsp. canola oil, divided
1 large red bell pepper, halved, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
1. Cut steak in 1/8-inch thick slices. Combine beef, soy sauce, garlic, and black pepper; toss well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Combine 1 1/2 tbsp. water, oyster sauce, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Cut broccoli into florets. Peel broccoli stems; cut stems diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
4. Snap off hard ends of asparagus. Slice diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
5. Heat 1 tbsp. canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture to a skillet; cook 3 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Transfer beef mixture to bowl.
6. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp. canola oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and asparagus; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the remaining 2 tbsp. water; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add bell pepper; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Return beef mixture to pan. Stir in the oyster sauce mixture; cook until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.
*adapted from Cooking Light