1/2 lb. lean ground beef or ground pork
2 red bell peppers, chopped
3 onions, chopped
8 cloves of garlic, minced
3 (28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes (I like San Marzano)
1 (6oz) can of tomato paste
1/2 container (4 oz) of grated Parmesan cheese
2-3 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1. Brown meet in large Dutch oven on medium heat.
2. Add red bell pepper and onion; cook until onion is soft.
3. Add garlic for 30 seconds; stirring constantly.
4. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and cheese. Stir ingredients well.
5. Add Italian seasoning and a thin coat of olive oil. Stir well.
6. Simmer sauce for 4-5 hours on low heat; stirring every 20-30 minutes.