1 lb. of lean ground beef, turkey, or bison
2 white onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
5 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. cumin
2 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 (15.5 oz) cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 (15.5 oz) cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15.5 oz) can of cannelinni beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15.5 oz) can of corn, drained and rinsed OR half bag of frozen corn
2 (28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp. Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
1. Brown meat in Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Once meat is just browned, add onion, red bell pepper and garlic. Cook until onion is soft.
3. Add all dry spices. Cook until well incorporated, about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
4. Add beans, corn, tomatoes, chicken stock, and Tabasco sauce.
5. Salt to taste.
5. Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes until beans are soft.