Lubia is a Lebanese dish that I grew up eating. I've tweaked it bit and made it my own. Give it a try!
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 onions, halved and thinly sliced
1 (28 oz.) can of diced tomatoes, San Marzano preferably
2 lbs. fresh green beans
2-3 tsp. Syrian Spice
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1. Brown beef in large Dutch oven.
2. Add onions to the pot and cook until soft.
3. Add Syrian spice, salt, and red pepper flakes; mix together.
3. Add tomatoes; bring to a simmer.
4. Add green beans. Cover and let it simmer for 15-25 minutes to soften beans. Don't cook too long...I like to keep the beans on the crunchier side.
5. Serve on top a bed of rice.