1 tsp. pine nuts, toasted
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 portobello mushroom caps, sliced
1/2 cup pesto, homemade is best
1 tomato, sliced or chopped
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
pre-made pizza crust
handful of fresh basil leaves
1. In a nonstick frying pan, toast your pine nuts then remove from pan.
2. Add olive oil to hot pan and saute the mushrooms until softened.
2. Begin to build your pizza: Spread a thin layer of pesto on crust. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese. Then layer mushrooms. Then layer tomatoes. Then top with a final cup of cheese. Sprinkle on pine nuts.
3. Cook until crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted in a 400 degree F oven, about 10 minutes.
4. When finished cooking, remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil leaves.