4 small onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. light brown sugar
4 slices of thick-cut bacon2 cup baby spinach
extra sharp cheddar cheese
1. Caramelize the onions: Melt the butter and oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat. Stir in the onions, brown sugar and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are deeply browned, about 40 minutes. Off the heat, stir in the water and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan when done.
2. Add the spinach to the oily skillet. Add 1/2 tbsp. of water to the pan and cover and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove spinach.
3. Add the bacon slices to the skillet. Cook until lightly browned. Remove from pan and drain on paper-towel-lined plate. Empty grease from pan.
4. Spray the pan with cooking spray. Fry your eggs.
5. Toast or grill your English muffins.
6. Assemble your sandwiches: cheese first, then egg, then bacon, then onions, then spinach. Grill in panini maker until cheese has melted.