Thursday, December 23, 2010
crispy black bean tacos with feta and cabbage slaw
1 15-oz. can black beans, drained
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
5 tsp. olive oil, divided
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
Red cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, shredded
2 green onions, chopped
4 white or yellow corn tortillas (try and find the smaller ones unlike the picture!)
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
bottled hot sauce
1. Place beans and cumin in a small bowl; partially mash.
2. Mix 2 tsp. olive oil and lime juice in a medium bowl; add cabbage, carrots, green onions (and cilantro if desired) and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tortillas in a single layer.
4. Spoon 1/4 of the bean mixture onto half of each tortilla; cook 1 minute. Fold tacos in half. Cook until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
5. Fill tacos with feta and slaw.
6. Pass hot sauce alongside.
* Adapted from Bon Apetit