3 cups (1-inch) bread cubes from a round rustic bread, crusts removed
2/3 cups milk
2 lbs. ground turkey
1/2 lb. hot Italian pork sausage, casings removed
4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, finely chopped
1 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp. pepper
2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Place the bread in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until the bread is in medium crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a small bowl and add the milk. Set aside for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, sausage, prosciutto, bread mixture, Asiago cheese, oregano, red pepper flakes, and 1 1/2 tsp. pepper. Lightly combine the ingredients with your hands. Add the eggs and stir lightly with a fork to combine.
4. Wash your hands, lightly roll the mixture into 2-inch-round meatballs and place them on the prepared sheet pan.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the tops are browned and the centers are completely cooked.
6. Suggested: simmer the meatballs in some marinara sauce if serving with pasta.
* Adapted from Ina Garten