Saturday, May 4, 2013
grilled pork chop with dijon sauce
2 center-cut pork chops
1/2 tsp. salt, divided
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. cider vinegar
2 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. finely chopped shallots
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. maple syrup
For the chop:
1. Sprinkle both sides of pork with 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper.
2. Grill chop until a slight blush in the center (3 minutes per side on high).
3. Let rest for 10-15 minutes on cutting board covered with loosely tented tinfoil.
For the finishing sauce:
1. Preheat saute pan to medium high.
2. Add butter to pan, swirling pan to coat.
3. Add shallots; saute 3 minutes or until tender and translucent.
4. Add water and vinegar; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute.
5. Stir in mustard, syrup, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick. Serve pork with sauce.
* Adapted from Ellie Krieger