1/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp. minced garlic (about 9 cloves)
1/3 cup white wine
1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. minced fresh thyme
salt and pepper
4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Warm olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Don't let the garlic brown. Off the heat, add the wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 tsp. salt and pour into a 9 x 12-inch baking dish.
3. Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up over the sauce. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut the lemon into 8 wedges and tuck in among the pieces of chicken.
4. Bake 30-40 minutes, until the chicken is done and the skin in lightly browned. If the chicken isn't browned enough, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with pan juices over couscous.
*Adapted from Ina Garten